A message to our customers about COVID-19

What other questions should I ask for my protection?

As a homeowner, you want to protect and maintain your American Dream. We believe the more you know about your contractor and their services, the better the return on your investment. That’s why it pays to ask the right questions. Check if your contractor is accredited through the Better Business Bureau, ask for their DPOR license number, check their recent references and reviews, and make sure to get a detailed estimate in writing.

Do your employees speak English?

All of our foremen are fluent in English. The foreman on your job will be your primary on-site contact throughout the job. English is not the first language for some of their crew members, so their crews may have varying levels of conversational English.

Are you bonded?

Yes. We carry a $25,000 third-party fidelity bond. A fidelity bond is a form of protection that covers policyholders for losses that they incur as a result of fraudulent acts by specified individuals. It usually insures a business for losses caused by the dishonest acts of its employees. We also have performance bonds available to us on a case-by-case basis if required.

Are you licensed?

Yes. We possess a Class B contractor license issued from the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR #2705101649), which we must have by law. This license allows us to do contract work in amounts up to $120,000.00.

To obtain this license, we had to demonstrate competency in the areas of Business Organization, Estimating and Bidding, Contract Management, Project Management, Risk Management, Safety, Labor Laws, Financial Management, Federal and State Taxes, Lien Laws and more. Make sure that any contractor you choose possesses a license and that your job cost fits within the range of their license. A Class C license only covers a job up to $7,500.00.

Are you insured?

Yes. We are fully insured with all three types of insurance that we must carry by law: Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, and Automobile Insurance. On top of that, we also have an umbrella policy which may cover any shortcomings.