The holidays are fast approaching and all over Northern Virginia, from Springfield to Sterling, homes will be decorated to celebrate the season. If you are planning a lot of entertaining, or have family coming for a visit, the interior painting experts at Reston-based All American Painting Plus want to offer up some quick tips to give your home a great new holiday look.
There’s no question that paint is the fastest and least expensive way to refresh a room. With today’s almost unlimited color palette of high quality paints, finding just the right hue to set the tone you want is a snap.
The holidays are almost upon us, but there is still plenty of time to have the professional painting services of All American Painting Plus turn your home into a welcoming and joyful space for entertaining.
A Little Interior Painting Can Make a Huge Impression
The color of your walls sets the mood for an entire room. However, you don’t have to do a whole room (or house) to create a festive feeling for holiday guests. What you want is a backdrop that complements the decorations that you will be using and that doesn’t require a major paint job.
Here are 5 ideas that flesh out the idea that “less is more.”
- Keep your investment down by focusing only on the spaces where your guests will be spending most of their time. If you have family or friends staying overnight, you might want to consider freshening up the guest bedroom. But if you’re just entertaining, focus on the dining room, living room, family room, and kitchen (the great gathering place) to get the biggest bang for your buck with this project.
- You don’t need to paint an entire room. If you are uncertain of a color and not sure if you’ll want to live with it after the holidays, try an accent wall. Accent walls can have a dramatic effect on the appearance and mood of an entire room. You can always easily paint over it after the season, or if you like it, you can finish off the rest of the walls.
- Use festive colors. Red is a great color for a dining room and green and silver-grey are not only are seasonal colors, but predicted to be the “hottest” interior paint colors for 2018.
- If our Virginia weather will allow it, consider painting your door. A deep shade of red or green gets guests in the spirit before they even enter the home. Reinforce that welcoming feeling by painting the foyer as well.
- When the season’s over and the lights and ornaments come down, your freshly painted walls will continue to brighten up the house for years to come.
If this all sounds like a great idea but you simply don’t know where you will find the time to do it, don’t worry. Just give the professional painters at All American Paint Plus a call and we’ll be happy to share our ideas with you. Our ten years of experience as painting contractors in Northern Virginia are sure to deliver just what you’re looking for.
You’ll be surprised at just how affordable it is to dress up your interior for the season. Give us a call today and let us handle getting your house ready for the holidays.
Thanks for reading! If you are interested in learning more about residential painting in Northern Virginia, follow us on LinkedIn for more unique content and company news.