Have you ever considered power washing your Northern Virginia home? Usually when a house begins to look a bit dingy, homeowners begin thinking about calling an exterior house painting service to get a quote. But Northern Virginia’s leading exterior house painters at All American Painting Plus frequently recommend a faster, less expensive solution. Just power wash the house.
Power washing is frequently used in preparing exteriors for painting, particularly brick, stucco, vinyl, and masonry siding. A power wash can blast away peeling paint, grime, and other materials that could prevent exterior paint from adhering. But there is power washing, and then there is power washing.
The effectiveness of power washing depends on the pressure setting, and that obviously means you need an experienced technician to operate the device. Blasting away at a house, a deck, or patio furniture without knowing what you are doing can be disastrous. However, washing your home using a professional operator can save you both time and money.
5 Great Reasons to Power Wash Your Northern Virginia Home
Our Northern Virginia climate makes our homes prime targets for all the gunk in the atmosphere resulting in mold, stains, and basic grit and grime deposited on the exteriors. Listed below are 5 reasons why you can stay ahead in the home maintenance game when you bring power washing onto the field.
- Protect the Value of your HouseAll structures in Northern Virginia are susceptible to damage from sunlight, rain, wind, dirt, pollution, smoke, and more. These threats can attack the exterior, eroding the paint system and causing it to crack, peel, and develop unsightly stains and even develop dry rot. Protect your exterior and maintain your curb appeal by power washing your house annually.
- Cost Effective Home MaintenanceAside from giving the exterior of your home a fresh, clean, look, power washing can accomplish many of the maintenance tasks that frequently go undone. Clogged gutters do more than just overflow, damaging plants and flowers beneath them. They can also lead to gutters rusting out and encourage leaks to develop in the fascia. Our technicians can make quick work of gutter cleaning. If left alone, dirt, grime, tree sap, and pollution residue will hasten the deterioration of your house paint. Regular power washing can add years to an exterior paint job. Stains on sidewalks and driveways can quickly be removed by power washing with much less environmental impact than traditional cleaning. All of these add up to less time and less money spent on maintenance.
- Eliminate Health RisksDoes anyone in your family have allergies? The outside of your home makes a perfect landing place for windblown pollen. It’s on your windows, screens, and doors just waiting for an opportunity to enter your house. In addition, all a spore needs to begin a mold colony is heat, moisture, and nutrients. Seeing how mold eats almost anything and our climate provides plenty of heat and moisture, the exterior of you house makes a perfect breeding ground. Power washing quickly eliminates both of these irritants and eliminates any health risk they pose.
- Clean and Prep Your Outdoor Living SpaceIf you have a deck, pavers, or patio you can quickly blow away the grime, salt, bird droppings, and other debris that has accumulated over the winter with a power wash. At a lower pressure setting, you can do the same for picnic tables and other outdoor wood furniture. If it’s time to re-stain the deck, take it from professional painters, a power wash can quickly prepare the surface for staining.
- Increase the Longevity of your RoofYour shingles are not immune to the mold, moss, and algae that can attack your exterior walls. If these fungi are allowed to thrive they can eat away the base of the shingles causing damage to the substrate below. A clean shingle roof should last about 25 years. A dirty roof will need replacing significantly sooner. Power wash your roof.